If you receive a push notification that looks like this:
This means that Cycloop periodic check did not go as expected - our server did not receive a regular update from your device. It mainly happens due to cellular connectivity issues.
- A temporary cellular or internet connection error;
- At the moment of communication, Cycloop equipped bicycle was parked in the area without cellular network, e.g., underground garage;
- Cycloop battery is almost empty;
- SIM card has no credit or SIM is blocked.
What you can do if this happens:
- Check if bicycle is where it is supposed to be.
- Wait until next day. Usually next communication is successful. (regular ping interval must be set to 1 day in the settings section - it is a default setting).
- Check if cellular signal is strong enough where you keep your bicycle. It might be worth moving your bicycle.
- Rarely, and depending on where you put the device, you might have to slightly change the device location in your bike.
- Check if the SIM is not deactivated. Down below you can see how it looks if our SIM is deactivated.
If you see this sign, you simply need to go to Settings, tap on SIM and top up.
Here is how the SIM looks when it has been topped up:
Additionally, if everything is fine with the card, once you connect to your device through the app by clicking Connect, you can check the status of your battery. If battery is empty, you will see that after the connection. It can be that the batteries are too low to send the battery level notification to Cloud via cellular network.
If you always keep your bike at the same location, and only sometimes get this notification (but never more than 2 times in a row) - you should not worry since during the actual theft the device would start moving and start getting cellular signal anyway. However, if you see this notification for 3 days in a row - start looking for a reason of why that is happening.